Amanda Lynn's Blog

My life. In Ontario. With a baby. And Art school.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Garden pictures





Ok, so I'll put some before pictures of our garden - it was overgrown and a nightmare before we moved in. And I'll attach some after pictures now, and add more once I get the most up-to-date ones.

Before: This is where Martin & my dad put in a patio last year 5 weeks after Jacob was born.

After: Isn't it gorgeous? We're having sod laid tomorrow to make it complete!

Above both: at the side of our house - this is after we started putting in a flower bed there - the old gnarly shrub is a trumpet vine, and in the foreground is the first of 6 tree stumps that were along there, which we dug and cut out. It's now a fabulous flower bed and I'll post a picture of it once I take a good one.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well your yard looks great!.. So when your done planting and mowing, then come on the the west coast and help us out!! Especially with the mowing part!! :) HA HA

    Actually Shelly has all the planting under control, and I'll be mowing soon....

    Take Care

    Ed, Shelly, Ashley & Melody

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooo, I want your patio. Right now I have a big concrete slab with a crack in it...yours looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing how your garden progresses over the summer!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Amanda Lynn said…

    Thanks Alchemist! Yeah it's awesome to have the patio but a slab of concrete can become an awesome container garden... I love annuals because they grow like mad. My very first garden was on a porch 3 floors off the ground, and I couldn't believe it when I looked out and saw hummingbirds drinking out of my nasturtiums!
    Amanda Lynn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home