Amanda Lynn's Blog

My life. In Ontario. With a baby. And Art school.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Dilemmas of Brilliance

So I just finished a first draft of a 3 page paper for my first year Art History survey course, which means its an introductory class. It's a review of an art exhibitition, and in my opinion, my review is very good. That's mostly due to Kathleen, my awesome teacher from a 3rd year art theory and criticism class I took last term who taught me everything I now know. But anyways, I took that course and now I'm well equipped to write a first year review of an exhibition.

My conundrum is this: I'm taking an exact quote from myself, from a paper I wrote for Kathleen last term for this new exhibition review. I'm trying to figure out which is worse: plagiarizing myself by not referencing myself, or actually referencing myself in a first year paper. My loving husband, himself a professor, told me tonight "I hardly ever reference myself". Ha! So I guess that means me, a semi-developmentally delayed 34 year old 2nd year undergrad student should really never do it. Of course hubby was not trying to be as pretentious as that sounds, but we laughed about it pretty hard!.

Anyways, let me know what you think I should do. (The paper is due Friday)
Amanda Lynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home