Amanda Lynn's Blog

My life. In Ontario. With a baby. And Art school.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sleep

So do you know what night terrors are? Apparently Jacob has them - he's been screaming out at night, literally screaming, flailing about in bed. Last night he did it about 50 times! We're sleeping with him right now, as it seems to help him. We've tried sleeping with him before, but it was impossible as he didn't sleep well, but now it seems to help him. I love it too (although I WISH we had a king sized bed), and I'm usually getting more sleep for it. But, last night not so much.

Presumably this is all related to his recent pneumonia (aka leumonia), and he's working out his bad feelings about being in the hospital and being sick, having a hard time breathing and all the horror of more than 25 IV attempts. Anyways, I'm really hoping he'll go back to his 'normal' 2-3 times a night, and even more, I'm praying that he'll start to only wake up 1 time per night.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Stubley's said…

    I am so glad you have finally updated your blog! Blogging is great! Don't worry about the night terrors, and I know where you are coming from...Ashley had them too...At one year old. So did some friends of mine who had their baby at the same time I had Ashley. It seems to be an age thing not necessarily a trama thing, so don't feel guilty about anything, or worried...It's normal. Basically what we did was sit on the floor beside Ashley's crib and sing softly to her (even though she was screaming!) Or talk gently and tell her everything was all right. She would scream out "EYES! EYES!" It would scare the dickens out of me! She had me convinced there was a boogeyman in the room! HAHA, but I'm a wimp anyways. But rest assured, this too shall pass. I will keep you in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home