Amanda Lynn's Blog

My life. In Ontario. With a baby. And Art school.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Greetings from Charles Town

Hello! We've made it - believe it or not we took an almost one year old on a 1800+ km road trip over 2 days! We're crazy and he's an angel. He cried a bit yesterday, mostly because he was overtired by the time we left because we were trying to put off his nap until we left. We had shitty luck at the boarder and got selected for a 'random secondary assessment'. Luckily it was only that we had to go in and sign a card. But still we had to wake Jacob up from his nap and then he couldn't sleep forever, and we were in rush hour traffic in Detroit so we couldn't stop. In the end it was ok. We drove until 3am, and considered driving straight here (in Charleston), but realized we were nuts and pulled in in Virginia instead, near the famous Galax actually.

We booked in for one night in Charleston itself, at a cute 'Inn' called the Anchorage Inn (weird name in the south). It's a bit of a pain, as it's set up for adults not kids, so all the charming things like the 4 poster bed are actually really inconvenient. And, it's grossly unclean. I had a bath just now and thought I can't tell my mom about this place or she'd flip. The things we think! And we're letting Jacob crawl around on the floor in there - I had to get them to vacuum under the fancy bed, because the frilly dust thing on the edge of the bed doesn't get lifted up and I found a PILL under there. So the vacuumed, and when I checked again THE PILL WAS STILL THERE! Anyways we're supervising Jacob closely but geesh!

Well tomorrow it's off to Edisto, which is awesome because all I want to do is lay around and get a bit of a tan and swim. It's hot here, like 29 degrees C with 100% humidity. I kind of hate it, but it'll be nice on the beach.

Ok, now I'm really gone swimmun' because I'm sure I'll have no internet access.

Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home